|Mr.Mugisha Ndyakurungi-Chief Executive Director|
THE DREAM STARTED
The project was established in January 2020 immediately we learnt of the outbreak.
Is a community based initiative operating in Kasese district, western Uganda.
To address the covid-19 pandemic concerns arising in our communities.
Since 2 January 2020, the three levels of WHO (China country office, Regional Office for the Western Pacific and headquarters) have been working together to respond to this outbreak of COVID-19. On 30 January, WHO declared the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). On 11 March, WHO Director General characterized COVID-19 as a pandemic.
Its mission is:
We equip, and mobilize people at local level to take action and prevent the spread of COVID-19
Our vision is
A COVID-19 free community with zero infections.
Together we shall stop Covid-19
- Team Spirit
- Equal opportunity, Equal right ,together we can stand
What we do
- Increasing understanding of the disease:
- Communicating with the public: on how to protect themselves and others, especially the vulnerable and those at highest risk.
- Keeping the general public informed: Providing updated information on manuals
- Coordinating our communities to Health Facilities and resources:
- Helping people prepare: We want to work closely with families to help them prepare for the rapid detection and response to cases and community transmission including sending supplies, coordinating with technical expertise and training